Subject: Gaeltacht Scholarships 2018
Herewith details of GAA Gaeltacht Scholarships for 2018. Please inform any players on your panels who are in Second Year, Transition Year or Fifth Year.
Subject: Gaeltacht Scholarships 2018
Rúnaí a chairde,
The following will be the procedure for obtaining a Gaeltacht Scholarship from Coiste Chontae Thiobraid Árann in 2018;
- The scholarships are confined to 2nd Year, TY and 5th Year Students in 2018 and previous recipients of Tipperary GAA Gaeltacht scholarships cannot apply in 2018.
- Students should immediately book a course directly from one of the three nominated Munster Irish Colleges on the application Form. This should be done asap as popular dates are booked out quickly.
- Students wishing to secure a scholarship from Tipperary GAA should complete the attached application form and submit it through their own local GAA Club.
- The secretary of the GAA Club must sign the form and attach a reference letter supporting the applicant’s application before returning it to the Co Rúnaí. Please note the club recommending the successful applicant will be contributing €75 to the scholarship along with the Division, Co Board and Munster Council.
- Interviews for the scholarships will be held in Lár na Páirce around the end of February to establish each candidate’s suitability.
- Once the student is notified that they have been successful they must secure a receipt for their fee payment from the Irish College where they have registered.
- Once this receipt is received by the Co Rúnaí the scholarship cheque for €300 will be posted out directly to the students home.
The Closing date for the receipt of Gaeltacht Scholarship Applications is Fri Feb 2nd 2018.
Subject: Young Sportsperson of the year
The Fethard Juvenile Club congratulates Ryan Walsh on the well deserved young Sportsperson of the year award at the Annual Butlers Sports Bar award night held last Friday..Ryan possesses all the attributes to make it all the way to the top in his chosen sports. An athletic talented young man who has grown into a very exciting prospect and his future is bright so keep up the good work Ryan.
We also congratulate all the other category winners and nominees with all winners and nominees having strong links to the Gaa club.
With the gradings finally decided the Fethard boys will compete in the following competitions in 2018.
Our U12s this year have three teams entered and will compete at U12A,C &D in both Football and Hurling another example of the growing interest in Gaa and the work being done in the schools and on the ground in Fethard.
Our U14 team will compete at B grade in both Football and Hurling for 2018.
At U16 level the amalgamation of Fethard and St Pats under the banner of AnnerGaels will compete at B grade in both Football and Hurling.
As Chairman of the Fethard Juvenile Club I would like to wish all management teams and players every success for 2018 and would ask parents to fully support both mentors and players throughout the year. All these mentors are volunteers that give up their time and energies to look after your children in some cases for many years and do so for the development of the kids and the club .
Finally I’d like to congratulate one of our players Micheal Quinnlan who has excelled at Hurling and Football for Fethard since he started and now has been signed to play soccer with Wexford boys soccer in the League of Ireland a great achievement.
Micheal has been simply an excellent juvenile for Fethard. Small in statue but lionhearted on the field. Affectionately known as Bullet he has left many an opponent spinning in his wake . A very skilful ,balanced and dangerous forward in Hurling and Football has registered countless scores for Fethard over the years..Micheal the very best of luck with this opportunity it’s the first step in your journey ,enjoy it and don’t be afraid to drop into the field to check on the lads.
Mick O Mahony Fethard Juvenile Gaa Chairman.
Our Minors and U21’s have started back to Football training. The U21 Football Competition is due to kick off on Jan 28th against Mullinahone. With some great talent coming up from the Minor level to reinforce a strong U21 panel we will be making our presence known in what may be the last year of the U21 age group.
Our Adult team sets out it’s stale for a meaningful year in the Intermediate Championship with a good meeting held last Friday between the players and their new Management team.
Training is arranged for Saturday Feb. 3rd at 7pm
Playing at Intermediate Level offers the opportunity for players on the fringe of deciding to play or not over the last year to get right back into it, and all are very welcome.
The Committee of Fethard GAA/ Sports Centre Development Lotto would like to thank all our Supporters Near & Far who participate in our Weekly Lotto Draw. The funds raised are used to Promote Sport in the Local Community. Please let all your friends and Family know that they can now play Online at: